“Just for today, I will not get angry.
Just for today, I will not worry.
Just for today, I will be grateful.
Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing.”
- Dr. Mikao Usui
Reiki (pronounced Ray -Key) means “Universal Life Force Energy” and its founder was Master Mikao Usui. There are many stories of his life and how he came about using Reiki healing, but I will let you read more about this on your own here.
Reiki is used for the good of all and can never bring harm. People of any religion or spiritual path may practice Reiki – it is non-denominational. Reiki healings bring balance to the body and help to clear energetic blockages in and around a person’s physical, emotional and spiritual bodies.
A typical healing session takes around 30-60 minutes, but any amount of time is beneficial for positive benefits. Here is an example of a healing session:
- The room may have low, natural lighting, candles and soft music (essential oils or incense may be used if the person is agreeable).
- The client will lie (fully clothed, but without shoes) on the massage table, covered with a light blanket and herbal eye pillow to relax the eyes.
- The Reiki practitioner will place his/her hands on different spots on the person’s body (usually at chakra points), beginning with the head.
- Reiki is sometimes experienced as a warm and soothing energy coming from the practitioner’s hands. It will be comforting and calming. All the client needs to do is relax and let go of all tension.
- At the end of the session, the practitioner may scan the client’s body with their hands (which may be felt as a tickle) to sense any overlooked spots to heal and to seal the person’s aura.
After a treatment/healing, it is very important for the client to drink lots of fresh water and rest for the remainder of the day. A number of clients find it helpful to journal their experience over the next week. It is somewhat common for buried emotional issues to surface or other issues (both physical or mental) to come to light. Be gentle with yourself and your experience. It is all part of the healing process. Reiki healing penetrates all aspects of a person and, therefore, a client can expect positive, but powerful changes in his/her being.
20 minute chair healing session $25
30 minute table healing session $35
60 minute table healing session $65
Distance healing session $20
My Reiki Training:
With Judy Huber, Usui Tera-Mai Reiki Master Teacher -
- Usui Tera-Mai Reiki Level 1 Practitioner (May 8, 2001)
- Usui Tera-Mai Reiki Level 2 Practitioner (June 19, 2001)
- Usui Tera-Mai Reiki Level 3 Practitioner (March 2, 2002)
- Usui Tera-Mai Reiki Master/Teacher (September 14, 2002)
With Allison Dahlhaus, Sacred Flames Reiki Master -
- Sacred Flames Reiki Master (July 2, 2004)
With Ericka Duffy, Karuna Reiki Master Teacher -
- Karuna Reiki Level 1 Practitioner (August 24, 2004)
- Karuna Reiki Level 2 Practitioner (August 24, 2004)
- Reiki for Beginners by David F. Vennells
- The Complete Reiki Handbook by Walter Lubeck
- Sacred Flames Reiki by Allison Dahlhaus
- Essential Reiki by Diane Stein
- Reiki and Other Rays of Touch Healing by Kathleen Milner
- The Book of Karuna Reiki by Laurelle Shanti Gaia
- Reiki: The Ultimate Guide by Steve Murray
- Hands of Light: A Guide to Healing through the Human Energy Field by Barbera Ann Brennan
- Reiki for Life by Penelope Quest
- Reiki with Gemstones by Ursula Klinger-Omenka
” I have known Gina for over 3 years and we have exchanged [healing] treatments with each other. Words can’t express how her knowledge and experience with yoga and reiki have enhanced my life. She has a soothing, nurturing tone and approach to both yoga and reiki.” Rachael S., Theraputic Touch Practitioner
“Gina came to UniFund during one of our two high call-volume seasons, and offered much needed Reiki and massage. Even more valuable was the information she gave us about exercises we could do to reduce work-related stress. My Support Group sits at their desks all day, answering client requests for assistance. Her advice and personal touch was definitely appreciated – we can’t wait for her to come back again!” Laurin M. – Director, Support and Continuing Services of UniFund, LLC
” Gina’s reiki sessions are incredibly relaxing and healing. I went to her at a time when I was having severe abdominal pain and the reiki once a week really did help my condition. Gina is an old soul, and when you meet her for the first time, it’s like meeting a friend that you’ve know for years. She’s warm, friendly and always has a smile on her face.” - Allison S, photographer/singer
” Gina is such a kind and loving soul and this comes through in spades in her energy work. She creates a warm and safe environment where one can feel completely at ease so that the healing energy of Reiki can do the work without resistance. Her careful attention to all aspects of the experience and the comfort of her clients is wonderful. As the treatment begins you will feel quickly at ease and by the end of the session you simply won’t want the experience to end! I have personally benefited greatly from Gina’s Reiki sessions finding relief from pain, ease of stress and simply feeling fantastic for some time afterward. I cannot recommend Reiki with Gina highly enough! ” - Jessica L.W., Reiki Practitioner and owner of Forever Yoga